The Sunshine Blogger Award is one of the best ways learn more about other bloggers who strive to write encouraging and beneficial content for all of us. I was recently nominated by My Life In Our Father’s World and then nominated again by The Gutz Life. Please visit both their blogs for more inspiration and encouragement!
It is an incredible honor to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I have always wanted to be a ray of hope for those around me and strive to bring sunshine to everyone in my writing. The great thing I love about these awards is learning more about the real people behind the blogs. So here we go!
The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their post.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
My Life in My Father’s World Questions:
- How did you get started blogging? I love to read and share what I am learning with others. I figure if I find something that encourages and inspires me, others may benefit from it as well. Blogging is a great way to share inspiration and hope with more people.
- Other than Jesus what Biblical “character” would you most like to spend time with? Peter! I relate to Peter in so many ways. I can be impulsive, and reckless. I live passionately and unfortunately that can lead to mistakes when I move too fast with my heart and don’t stop to use my head. I also resonate with the fact that Peter’s name meant “pebble”. Back then people named their kids for the meaning behind it, so with a name meaning pebble, he probably spent most of his life doubting himself and thinking he would never amount to much. But then Jesus came into his life and declared that Peter was the “rock” that God would build his church on. Peter’s life is proof that God can radically change a life and use ANYONE for his honor and glory.
- How many places have you lived? Just a few. I was born in Miami, Florida but my parents moved up to Wisconsin when I was young to see the seasons. I grew up in central Wisconsin and then moved to southeastern Wisconsin 8 years ago.
- Where/How do you blog? (ie home office on PC, in my recliner on laptop) I work from home for a local business and as an online freelancer, so most of my work (including blogging) is done on my laptop either at my kitchen table or on my comfy couch!
- How has your life changed since you stared blogging? It has opened up a whole new world to me. I have connected with so many new, fascinating people across the globe and I love every minute of it.
- If you had zero subscribers, would you still blog? Yes, I would. I write for the fun of it and if I even inspire one person that is enough for me.
- Do you attend a small, medium or large church? Ok, so I attend two churches. We go to a local church that is medium sized, but my husband is a nurse and therefore is on call some weekends. So, the weekends he is on call we stay home and watch the live stream for a church out in Colorado. That church is quite large. We discovered this online church thanks to a couple we knew through a bible study here in Wisconsin moving out to Colorado and telling us about them. We love both of our churches a lot! If you are in need of a great online church, please check out Flatirons Community Church. They are awesome!
- Why did you choose that particular congregation? I look for a church that is biblically sound, has contemporary music, has programs for kids and bible studies, and where the people are real, authentic, and supportive. The church was not intended to be a museum for saints. Its purpose is to be a hospital for sinners who need to meet the Ultimate Healer.
- How long have you been a Christ follower? I accepted Christ when I was young but ran away from Him during my teen years. I was in a very, dark place. I tried to fill the hole in my heart with everything but Jesus. But I found that nothing ever satisfied. I ended up getting pregnant when I was 20 and realized quickly that the life I was living was not what I wanted for my child. I started going back to church and kept going back when no one judged me for having a child out of wedlock. God started softening my heart, and I rededicated my life to him. Now I try to bring his message of light, hope, and love to the world. (I ended up marrying the father of the child I had out of wedlock. We have been married for 14 years and had two more children together. We may not have started well, but we plan on ending well with God’s help!)
- What is your favorite holiday & why? Christmas! It is the celebration of the day my Savior came down and began the journey to save my soul! I love the lights, the songs, and all the activities. I love buying gifts and seeing the looks on people’s faces when they open them. Everyone seems to be in a good mood, and there is excitement in the air. I love everything about Christmas!
- Other than blogging, are you involved in any other ministry? Not at this time. I have a chronic illness that makes it difficult to do a lot of things. My ministry for this season of my life is loving my family, being faithful in my occupations, and my blog. In the future I would love to do more to minister to women. I really want to help women grow closer to Jesus and live in His love for them!
The Gutz Life Questions:
- When did you start blogging and why? I started blogging earlier this year because I wanted to share the encouraging things I was learning with others.
- What is the best piece of advice you have given? “What other people think of you is none of your business.” Don’t worry about what other people think. They don’t have to live your life, you do. So, just do what is best for you and your family.
- What are you most proud of over the past year? I am proud of the fact that I took a leap of faith and started this blog. I am a recovering people-pleaser, so it was hard to put myself out there. But I am so glad I did. I hope my kids learn from my example and that they will be inspired to go for their dreams.
- If money was no issue, what would you be doing today? I would be writing books and blogging full time.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? It doesn’t really matter to me where I live as long as it is in a cabin near a quiet lake. I love to be near the water, and I love the beauty of nature.
- What is the worst piece of advice you have ever received? Anything along the lines of “you should . . . ” So many people have advice but no one lives the same life. What works for one person might not work for another. Everyone’s journey looks different. Do what works best for you.
- What is your favourite guilty pleasure or secret indulgence? Chocolate. I eat way too much of it!
- Do your friends and family know about your blogging? They do, although I don’t talk about it too much. That is my people-pleasing side coming out that worries they will just view it as a pointless hobby. Kind of like when you tell someone you are in art or music school and they ask how you plan on making any money? Being in a creative field can be hard because it takes time to build and not everyone makes it. But you can’t let the fear of failure hold you back.
- What sport did you play (or hobby did you have) growing up? Do you still do this? I am not very athletic at all. I am pretty much a complete klutz. I have the talent of dropping things, running into walls, and tripping over nothing. The only thing I did growing up that I still do today is snowboarding. It is a great way to enjoy the cold and snow. And if I make it safely down the hill without falling I consider that a win. My kids, on the other hand, fly by me at lightning speed and never seem to fall. They take after their Dad.
- Where would you love to go on holiday just with your 3-4 best friends? I would love to go to a ski lodge and stay in a cabin by the hill. We would ski and snowboard during the day. Then relax in the cabin by the fire at night. It would be beautiful, fun, and relaxing!
- What goals do you have for 2020? I plan on switching my blog over to a self-hosted site and continuing to build my subscriber list. In the fall of 2020, I am going to start working on a book proposal for a non-fiction book.
My 11 Nominees:
6. Joy A. Mead
7. Mark Bierman
My Questions for My Nominees:
1. If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? And why?
2. If you had an hour to yourself what would you do?
3. What made you decide to start writing?
4. Who has inspired you the most in your life?
5. What is the one character trait you want to be remembered for?
6. What is your fondest memory of your childhood?
7. What is your greatest strength?
8. What is your greatest weakness?
9. If there was one thing you could change about your life what would it be? And why?
10. If someone gave you a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with the money?
11. Do you have any goals for 2020?