As a reader of NoPassingFancy’s Blog I was nominated for this award. It is a great honor! Visit her blog for encouragement and inspiration! She is a fantastic writer! I decided to jump on board with this because I love these types of posts. It is great to learn more about the people behind the blogs that I read. And this one is just fun, random facts about the blogger which is awesome!
I also had a hard time choosing bloggers to nominate for the Sunshine Blogger Award I received a couple weeks ago, so now I get to nominate some more bloggers! Read that post HERE.
Finally, I also spent a lot of time putting together a 7 Day Christmas Devotional this month, so I haven’t had much time to put up a “normal” blog post. You can see my post about that devotional HERE. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! Now onto the “rules” and then the FUN!
“When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.”
Thank the person who nominated you.
Link to the blog of the person who nominated you.
Share 7 facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 more bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Seven Fun, Random Facts
1) I have the rare hyperadrenergic subtype of the chronic illness Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. My autonomic nervous system doesn’t work right so when I stand up blood pools in my feet, my body releases too much adrenaline, and my heart races. This illness causes a lot of goofy symptoms.
2) Due to my chronic illness I have a handicap parking pass and a wheelchair (I am only 35 years old!). I use the wheelchair when we go places that I would have to walk a lot like the zoo, museum, or shopping. I only use the handicap parking pass on bad days because I worry about how it looks when a younger mom with kids uses a handicap spot. Luckily, I have never had any issues. People just don’t always understand when an illness is invisible.
3) I drove a school bus for 6 months. I have so much appreciation for the people who faithfully show up every day and transport our kids to school. It is not an easy job to drive safely while also dealing with 40-50 rambunctious elementary school age kids. It was a fun job though, and I got to bring my kids on the bus with me, so I saved on childcare. I had to quit because I was in a car accident and developed vertigo and dizziness. Eighteen months later I was diagnosed with my chronic illness. Turns out the trauma could have caused it, although they can’t prove that.
4) I was born in sunny Florida! My parents moved up to Wisconsin when I was young so we could see the seasons, and because there were better schools. I don’t mind though. I do better in the cold rather than the heat with my health issues, and to be honest, I LOVE THE SNOW!!!
5) My dad was a bull rider! He quit before I was even born but it is fun to say that my dad rode raging bulls! He is also a mechanic and has worked on boats, cars, trucks, and construction equipment. As a young girl, he took me to his work once and I got to check out the HUGE construction equipment machines. It was so cool to stand next to a wheel that was over twice as tall as I was!
6) When I was in high school, I was grounded and decided to sneak out to go to a party with this really cute guy. My parents found out I had left and called the police. A cop was waiting for me when I got home the next morning. I had to tell him who I was with and so the cop showed up at that cute guy’s house as well.
(It all worked out though. That cute guy has now been my husband for over 14 years!)
7) I found out I was pregnant at 20 years old in a gas station bathroom with my best friend. I was absolutely terrified. My friend suggested that I just get rid of it, but my mom showed me a picture of what my baby looked like. Even though I was only 8 weeks along, he already had eyes, hands, and feet. I fell in love with him when I saw that picture. I was still freaked out about becoming a mom, but God is good. He used that baby to help me see that my partying ways were only destroying me. I started going back to church and kept going when no one judged me for having a child out of wedlock. I rededicated my life to Christ and now spend my time spreading the news of His amazing love and grace! That baby boy that God used to change my world, is now 15 years old and in high school!
And I even ended up marrying my baby’s daddy.
(Yes, it was that really cute guy I snuck out with. My husband and I may not have started out making the best decisions in our relationship, but we plan on ending well with God’s help!)
My Nominees (These writers are great! Check them out!)
- Joy A. Mead
- Becoming HIS Tapestry
- iWrite . . . My Love Story
- Bournemouth Girl
- My Life in Our Father’s World
- Meraki Musings
- Exploring the World Around Us
- Our Life Struggles
- Rachel Marie Writer
- Heavy Weights and Pancakes
Those are 10 of my nominees, but you are supposed to nominate 15, so I will also nominate anyone who reads, likes, or comments on this post. Join in on the fun!
I would love to read some fun, random facts about you, too! God bless!